2018: Grand Tour of Sri Lanka (2480)
11 days from Colombo to Colombo
COLOMBO Ozo Colombo (MF)SIGIRIYA Hotel Sigiriya (T)KANDY Mahaweli Reach Hotel (F)NUWARA ELIYA Araliya Green Hills (MF)TISSAMAHARAMA Hotel Chandrika (MF)GALLE Amari Galle (F)
Call (714) 968-2444 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13596866
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 12/31/2017
- 11 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Colombo||Welcome to Sri Lanka's capital city. Historically, Colombo was a trading port and a city of strategic importance to the Portuguese, Dutch, and British before Ceylon gained independence in 1948. Many colonial buildings can still be seen around the city alongside more traditional Sri Lankan architecture. This afternoon, embark on a sightseeing tour of this bustling city. Along the way, you will see the Galle Face Green promenade, Dutch Hospital precinct, Fort Railway Station, a Hindu Kovil, Beira Lake, and Independence Square. (D)NOTE: Please arrive at the hotel by Noon to join the afternoon sightseeing.|
|Day 2||Sigiriya||Journey through lush Sri Lankan countryside to Anuradhapura, the country's ancient capital. The city is considered sacred to the Buddhist world and is surrounded by monasteries. Your city tour takes in the well-preserved ruins of this area and the SRI MAHA BODHI, or Bo Tree, the oldest recorded tree in the world. This remarkable tree was a sapling taken from the Jaya Siri Maha Bodhi tree in India, under which Buddha achieved enlightenment. Later, visit the pilgrimage site of MIHINTALE, the cradle of Buddhism in Sri Lanka, before continuing to Sigiriya. (B,D)|
|Day 3||Sigiriya||This morning, visit the famous SIGIRIYA ROCK FORTRESS, a giant magma plug which has served both as a long-standing Buddhist monastery and a fortress. Surrounded by a network of gardens and moats, it is a geological and anthropological landmark. The ancient ruins of the upper palace built by King Kasyapa can also be found on the summit, which, at 656 feet above sea level, affords magnificent views across the beautiful Sri Lankan countryside. On the way to the top, you will see the famous Cloud Maidens frescoes painted on the rock wall. Later, visit a nearby park for an afternoon SAFARI DRIVE, where you might spot elephants and sambar deer. (B,D)NOTE: Please note that you must climb steep steps to reach the top of Sigiriya Rock Fortress.|
|Day 4||Kandy||Begin today with a visit to the UNESCO World Heritage-listed ruins of POLONNARUWA. After lunch, visit the fascinating DAMBULLA ROCK CAVE TEMPLE, containing well-preserved frescoes and statues of Buddha. Visit a SPICE GARDEN and a BATIK FACTORY en route to Kandy, the cultural center of Sri Lanka. (B,D)|
|Day 5||Kandy||A jumble of culture, history, and colonial buildings, Kandy is nestled among forested hills and is one of Sri Lanka's most interesting cities. Visit the TEMPLE OF THE TOOTH and enjoy a comprehensive tour of this green city, taking in the colorful KANDY MARKET, the Upper Lake Drive, and the GEM MUSEUM. Also, visit the ARTS & CRAFTS CENTER and the PERADENIYA BOTANIC GARDENS, which are renowned for their collection of orchids, spices, and medicinal plants. This evening, be entertained at a CULTURAL SHOW with Kandyan dancers and drummers. (B,D)|
|Day 6||Nuwara Eliya||Board a TRAIN for a scenic journey through the forests and tea plantations to the misty hills of Nuwara Eliya, also known as 'Little England.' Set high above sea level and surrounded by rolling hills, its cool temperatures, humidity, and rainfall provide the perfect climate for tea production. This evening, take a sightseeing tour around the town. (B,D)|
|Day 7||TISSAMAHARAMA||This morning, visit a TEA FACTORY and be enlightened on the tea manufacturing process. Continue to Ella and view the famous Demodara nine arch railway bridge located between Demodara and Ella railway stations. Later, a short 20-minute climb will take you to the top of Adams Peak for breathtaking views of a valley filled with tea plantations. Visit the famous RAVANA FALLS before continuing to Tissamaharama. (B,D)|
|Day 8||TISSAMAHARAMA||Today, enjoy MORNING & AFTERNOON GAME DRIVES in YALA NATIONAL PARK. Home to one of the highest densities of leopards in the world, sights of these beautiful creatures are not uncommon. Yala is also a bird-watcher's paradise, with around 230 species recorded in the park. Also, you may spot elephants, sloth bears, water buffalo, macaques, and mugger crocodiles. (B,D)NOTE:Yala National Park is closed to visitors during September-October. At such times, the safari drive will take place in the Udawalawe or Bundala National Park.|
|Day 9||Galle||Travel to Galle, where the natural harbor offers gorgeous views of the ocean. Enjoy an afternoon city tour including GALLE FORT, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. (B,D)|
|Day 10||Colombo||Transfer to Colombo for an overnight stay. (B,D)|
|Day 11||Colombo||Your tour ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Dates & Prices do not include international air travel. Prices are for all land arrangements.Gratuities for Tour Director, driver, and Local Guides are available for pre-purchase.Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single Room Supplement:$505 to $720Triple Rooms are not available.Extra nights per person in Colombo:in single room $158; in twin room $90
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Cosmos, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Cosmos, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Cosmos to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Cosmos menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Cosmos).